Why not stay at home as you age? Everything is there for you as it always has been, and your memories are there, too.
The Chicago Hyde Park Village is being organized so that members will be able to remain at home as they grow older. Volunteers will help with shopping and transportation. Service givers who must be hired will be are vetted so that members can feel comfortable having them around their homes. The Village will develop special relationships with health care professionals, educational institutions and stores for quicker or cheaper service; interest groups are formed around anything from genealogy and bridge, to birding and travel.
Among the services the Chicago Hyde Park Village will offer are:
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Referrals for snow removal and the like
- Vetted information about merchants, handy men and care providers
- House sitting and pet care
- Help in interpreting contracts and insurance forms
- Pharmacy discounts
- Lectures and tours
- Interest groups of all kinds
The key to the Village is neighborliness. The mission is to provide a place where "everyone knows your name," and cares!