Lunch Gathering: Celebrating Polish Heritage!
In-Person at Augustana Lutheran Church
September 27, 2023*
11:30am – 1:00pm
*CHPV Lunch Gathering is customarily held every fourth Wednesday of the Month. Schedule subject to change; please check the calendar each month.
Join us for a celebration of Polish Heritage as we honor Chicago's strong Polish-American community and enjoy an early recognition of October's Polish-American Heritage Month!
Savor a hearty Polish-American lunch, enjoy recorded performances of traditional Polish music & dance, browse a colorful in-person display of authentic Polish heirlooms, share your own stories and learn about Polish culture with CHPV's own proudly-Polish Dorothy Pytel!
Schedule of Activities:
10:30 – Doors open early for Bridge and Exercise with Coach Wesley Pulphus**
11:30 – Gathering begins; browse the Book & Jewelry Exchange
12:00 – Lunch & conversations
1:00 – Wrap-up
** Learn more about CHPV's Free Friday Exercise with Coach Wesley!
• Stuffed Cabbage Rolls with Sauce
• Potato and Onion Pirogies
• Polish Sausages
• Shredded Sauerkraut
• Kolaczki Assorted Cookies
• Little Oranges (that’s a Lunch Gathering staple)
• Coffee, Tea, Water
Photographs courtesy of Dorothy Pytel.
Free on-site parking at Augustana Lutheran Church!
CHPV Members may also request transportation.
Due by 4pm on the Friday prior to the event.
Call 773-363-1933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• The safety of our community members is of utmost importance.
• If you are experiencing Covid-19, flu, or cold symptoms and/or are not feeling well, please refrain from participating in CHPV in-person activities. Please contact us if you are compelled to cancel due to illness and wish to receive a full refund.
• CHPV strongly recommends wearing a face mask when not actively eating or drinking.
• CHPV strongly encourages all persons attending in-person events to receive their COVID-19 Bivalent and flu vaccinations. If your vaccinations are up-to-date, please complete the CHPV COVID-19 Bivalent & Flu Vaccination Record.
Email email@example.com with your questions.
If you are not a member of CHPV and have been enjoying our programs and services, please consider joining now! Membership starts as low as $100 annually.
Whether you are a member or not, CHPV's programs and services depend on the generous support of people like you! Please make a gift to CHPV's vibrant community of healthy living and social connection.
JOIN NOW! DONATE